Seeking Licensed Child Psychologist
PEAK Exceptional Services has an immediate opening for a Colorado-licensed child psychologist. Our specialized group practice provides a range of services for gifted, twice-exceptional, and differently wired children, teens, and adults. We are seeking a clinical psychologist or neuropsychologist to join our team as a permanent staff member (W-2) specializing in providing comprehensive assessment services in our Northglenn and Denver, Colorado offices.
We are looking for an experienced, doctoral level psychologist who can provide expert assessment services, while applying knowledge and expertise of unique characteristics and issues commonly experienced by gifted, twice-exceptional, and “differently wired” individuals.
We have a strong referral base and are looking for someone who can join our team immediately upon hire. This position emphasizes assessment services, particularly during our busiest times, but we welcome applications from well-rounded psychologists who are also skilled at and interested in providing counseling services.
Major Areas of Responsibility
Provide detailed screenings for giftedness and comprehensive psychoeducational and neuropsychological assessments to identify giftedness, learning disabilities, ADHD, and related issues. Our Gifted Screening process involves IQ testing and detailed screening for gifted characteristics for children applying to specialized schools and programs.
- Collaborate and communicate effectively with the Executive Director to plan and implement each assessment.
- Complete detailed assessment reports in a timely manner, with the completion of rough drafts to be done within 7 days of the final testing session, or sooner depending on the circumstances of the referral. All assessment reports are subject to the review and approval of Executive Director.
Complete clinical documentation of therapeutic contacts within 24 hours of date of service (recommended to be completed daily).
Actively participate as a positive member of the clinical environment.
- Maintain good standing with the appropriate board and professional organizations.
- Complete all recommended continuing education requirements.
- Stay current with updated research and best practices.
- Be aware of internal and community referral sources and refer when necessary.
- Secure client information per HIPAA standards.
- Maintain case files within paper and electronic health record (EHR) that are up to date.
- Perform other duties as assigned (including but not limited to authorization and billing forms, phone calls, presentations, and participating in case consultation meetings).
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must have extensive training and experience administering comprehensive psychoeducational assessments to children ages 3-17, with expertise in cognitive/IQ testing (WPPSI-IV, WISC-V, WAIS-IV), achievement testing (WIAT-III and/or WJ), and additional cognitive, behavioral, and emotional measures commonly used in comprehensive assessments. Experience in assessing adults helpful, but not necessary.
- Experience using the digital (iPad) version of these tests a plus, however we will provide training and mentoring.
- Prefer candidates with knowledge and understanding of the unique needs of gifted and twice-exceptional individuals; however, all staff members receive ongoing training and mentoring on giftedness and 2e issues as an integral part of our work at PEAK. Staff must be interested in developing an expertise in giftedness and twice-exceptionality.
- Knowledge of family systems and their impact on mental health within the family.
- Skill in applying varied interventions with individuals and families from a systemic approach.
- Skill in working independently and implementing time management strategies.
- Ability to demonstrate positive team interactions with other clinic staff.
- Ability and willingness to accept and incorporate feedback on clinical and professional skills.
- Practice with integrity and ethics. Know your competencies and limitations and refer to a team member and/or consult when needed.
- Ability to provide necessary self-care.
- Must be tech savvy (highly competent and comfortable with technology) and own a smartphone and home computer.
- Dependable and responsive. Easy to get along with and grounded.
- A Ph.D. or Psy.D.in clinical psychology, neuropsychology, or school/educational psychology
- APA Accredited pre-doctoral internship
Licensed as a Psychologist with the State of Colorado Department of Regulatory Agencies. Pre-Licensed Psychologist Candidates will be considered.
Additional Desirable Qualifications
- Experience working in or with school systems. Understanding of 504/IEP plans.
- We encourage and welcome applications from psychologists who are gifted (or 2e) themselves or who have experiences with raising a gifted/2e child.
- Training and experience administering the ADOS-2 and identifying high functioning autism in complex cases.
Key Job Details
Candidates must be available to work a minimum of three mornings a week (Saturday availability desirable, but not required). Most child assessments are conducted in the morning hours.
Staff are hired as W-2 employees (not independent contractors).
- PEAK Exceptional Services will provide everything you need to do what you do best – provide excellent clinical care and support to our clients. We provide: mentoring and support, office space, furnishings, utilities, personalized voice mail, administrative support, an office manager who answers phones and schedules clients, clinical forms and assessment materials relevant to our practice, cloud-based practice management system, billing and payment processing services, online scheduling services, web presence on PEAK’s primary website, clinical referrals, and online marketing.
- Additional benefits include paid malpractice insurance, workman’s compensation insurance, unemployment insurance, and a continuing education stipend after an initial probationary period of employment.
- Must NOT currently be in private practice or must no longer be interested in being on your own. We are looking for a team member who is interested in becoming an integral part of our staff who will devote their professional energy to our practice.
How to Apply
If interested, please send a letter of interest along with your curriculum vitae/resume with “Licensed Psychologist” in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org. In your letter, please address how you meet the above qualifications. Please include three clinical references. Applicants who meet our qualifications will be required to provide a sample assessment report (de-identified) and three references. Applications without a detailed cover letter will not be considered.