Seeking Licensed Child and Family Therapist
PEAK Exceptional Services is a multidisciplinary private practice with a focus on providing comprehensive assessment and support services to children, adults, and their families. We specialize in working with individuals who are gifted or twice-exceptional, have ADHD, learning disabilities, and/or other challenges that interfere with them reaching their full potential. Our main office is located in Northglenn, near I-25 and 120 th . We are hiring an experienced Licensed Child and Family Therapist (LPC, LCSW, LMFT, or Licensed Psychologist) to join PEAK as a staff member who will provide comprehensive counseling and family consultation within our specialty practice.
The right candidate will be able to focus on what they do best – providing excellent care to their clients. You get to work in a specialty private practice setting, and we will provide referrals, office space, marketing efforts, administrative support, mentoring and/or supervision – absolutely everything you need to operate in an established private practice.
We are looking for someone who is interested in becoming an integral team member in a collaborative group private practice environment, but who doesn’t want to deal with the expenses or administrative aspects of opening or running their own practice.
This will begin as a part-time position and increased hours are available as your caseload grows. The position is an excellent fit for a therapist who is looking to transition out of agency work or who is comfortable working part-time while building a caseload of private pay clients.
Provide comprehensive, compassionate, and strength-based counseling services to gifted and twice-exceptional (2e) children, children with ADHD, LD, and other social-emotional issues, and their families.
- See clients flexibly from 10 hours up to full time hours per week. Must be available at least two late afternoons/evenings (after school hours) during the week. Saturday availability is a plus.
- Learn and use electronic systems for scheduling, documentation, phone, and billing.
- Participate in networking and other activities to help promote yourself and your expertise and PEAK’s services.
- Commitment to ongoing professional development and honing your skills as a gifted/2e specialist, and collaborating as needed on cases.
Your Required Skills and Qualities
- Must be a licensed child therapist (Ph.D. or Psy.D., LMFT, LPC, or LCSW). Early career therapists who are interested in developing a specialty in working with gifted and 2e children are welcome to apply.
- Must have experience with, and a passion for, working with young children (ages 4 to 10) and their parents/families. You will have the opportunity to work with clients of all ages; however, we are specifically looking for someone who is highly skilled and comfortable working with our younger clients.
- Must have at least a basic understanding of the unique needs of gifted and twice-exceptional individuals, and a desire and willingness to develop this as a specialty, as well as a receptiveness to be supervised and mentored around this aspect of practice.
- Background/training in systems perspective and a commitment to collaborating and working extensively with parents/guardians and the family system to change dynamics that are contributing to or maintaining behavioral/emotional problems in one or more family members.
- Practice with integrity and ethics. Know your competencies and limitations and refer to a team member and/or consult when needed.
- Cannot be currently in private practice on your own, or must be no longer interested in being on your own.
- Must be VERY competent with technology and own a smartphone
- Mature, grounded, dependable and responsive.
Additional Desirable Qualifications
- Experience working in or with school systems. Understanding of 504/IEP plans.
Experience with Dr. Ross Greene’s Collaborative and Proactive Solutions (CPS) approach. Willingness to be trained in and incorporate this approach into your clinical work with families.
- Experience offering groups – particularly social skills groups – and a passion for developing offerings pertinent to our unique client needs
- We encourage and welcome applications from therapists who are gifted (or 2e) themselves or who have experiences with a gifted/2e child or family member
What we offer
Staff are hired as W-2 employees (not independent contractors). PEAK Exceptional Services will cover employment taxes, provide liability insurance, provide mentoring, supervision (as needed) and support, office space, furnishings, utilities, personalized voice mail, administrative support, an office manager who answers phones and schedules clients, clinical forms and therapy materials relevant to our practice, cloud-based practice management system, billing and credit card payment processing services, online scheduling services, web presence on PEAK’s primary website, clinical referrals, and online marketing. In short, we provide everything you need to do what you do best – provide excellent clinical care and support to your clients.
How to Apply
If interested, please send a letter of interest along with your curriculum vitae/resume to email@example.com with “Licensed Family Therapist” in the subject line. In your letter, please address how you meet the above qualifications. Please include three clinical references. Applicants who do not provide a cover letter meeting these specifications will not be considered.